WhatsApp quickly and easily recognizes which of your contacts are using WhatsApp by accessing your phone's address book. To add a contact, simply save their phone number in your phone's address book.
If you cannot see your contact in WhatsApp, please follow these steps:
- Make sure that your contact has WhatsApp installed on their phone.
- Make sure that you saved your contact's phone number correctly in your phone's address book.
- If it's a local number: Save the number in the same format you would use if you were to call that contact.
- If it's a foreign number: Save the number in full international format:
- + [Country Code] [Full Phone Number].
- Omit any leading 0's from the phone number.
- Open WhatsApp and refresh your contacts.
Learn how to add a contact on: Android | iPhone | Windows Phone | Nokia S40 | BlackBerry | BlackBerry 10