If you see the Read Receipts (two blue check marks) next to your sent message, the recipient has read your message. In a group chat or broadcast message, the check marks will turn blue after every participant has read your message.
For any message that you send, you will be able to see a Message Info screen, which displays the details of when your message was delivered, read or played by the recipient(s).
To see the Message Info screen:
- Tap and hold on your sent message.
- Choose Message Info from the right pane.
The Message Info screen shows:
- Delivered when your media is delivered to your recipient's phone, but the recipient has not yet seen it.
- Read or Seen when the recipient has read your message or seen your picture, audio file, or video. For a Voice Message, the recipient has seen but has not yet played it.
- Played when the recipient has played your Voice Message.
Please note that when a participant leaves a group, the Message Info screen will still show the original information with all participants, including the participant who left the group.
If you do not see two blue check marks next to your sent message
- The recipient may not have opened your conversation.
- The recipient may be using an outdated version of WhatsApp.
- You or the recipient may be experiencing connection issues.
- You or the recipient may have disabled Read Receipts in their Privacy settings.
Learn more about the Message Info screen on: Android | iPhone | Windows Phone | Nokia S40 | BlackBerry