Photo and name
Depending on your privacy configuration, your profile photo and name may be visible to anyone you chat with on WhatsApp. To set your profile photo and name:
- Open WhatsApp and go to Settings.
- Select Profile Info.
- Select Profile Photo to take a new profile picture or upload a photo from your media gallery.
- Select Name to change the name that is visible to your contacts.
If you block a contact, that person will not see any updates to your profile picture.
The status feature in WhatsApp is a real time indication of what you are doing so that you can keep up to date with your contacts. To set your status:
- Open WhatsApp and go to Status in the top menu bar.
- You can choose a default status or create a personalized one.
- To create a personal status, press the
button then select New Status.
Learn how to set up your profile on: Android | iPhone | Windows Phone | Nokia S40 | BlackBerry 10