The Archive Chat feature allows you to hide a conversation from your Chats screen and access it later, if needed. You can archive groups or individual chats to better organize your conversations.
Note: Using Archive Chat doesn't delete the chat or back it up to your SD card.
To archive a chat
- In the Chats screen, tap and hold the chat you wish to hide.
- On the top bar, tap Archive .
The chat is now archived and won't appear on your Chats screen.
To unarchive a chat
- Scroll to the bottom of the Chats screen and tap Archived.
- Tap and hold the chat that you wish to unarchive.
- On the top bar, tap Unarchive .
To archive all chats
- In the Chats screen, tap More options > Settings.
- Tap Chats > Chat history > Archive all chats .
Archived chats will also reappear when you receive a new message from that conversation.
Learn how to use Archive Chat on: iPhone | Windows Phone | WhatsApp Web