The Archive Chat feature allows you to hide a conversation from your Chats screen and access it later, if needed. You can archive groups or individual chats to better organize your conversations.
Note: Using Archive Chat does not delete the chat or back it up to your SD card.
To archive a chat
- In the Chats screen, tap and hold the chat you wish to hide.
- On the top bar, select the Archive icon.
The chat is now archived and will not appear on your Chats screen.
To unarchive a chat
- Scroll to the bottom of the Chats screen.
- Tap Archived chats.
- Tap and hold the chat that you wish to unarchive.
- On the top bar, select the Unarchive icon.
To archive all chats
- Tap More options from the main Chats screen to access Settings.
- Tap Chats > Chat history > Archive all chats.
Archived chats will also reappear when you receive a new message from that conversation.
Learn how to use Archive Chat on: iPhone | Windows Phone | WhatsApp Web