You can organize and easily find your chats and messages with labels. You can create labels with different colors, and you can add labels to an entire chat or to certain messages within a chat.
Tap and hold a message or a chat > Tap Label > You can add an existing label or a new label.
Note: You can create up to 20 labels.
Finding labeled content
To find all content associated with a label:
- Go to your Chats screen > More options > Labels > tap a label.
From your Chats screen, you can also tap on a contact's profile photo or group icon to see all labels associated with that chat.
To manage your labels, go to your Chats screen > More options > Labels.
Here you can:
- Take actions over labeled items. Tap a label > Tap and hold an item > Choose an action on the top bar (for example, edit or delete the label).
- Edit a label. Tap the label > More options > Edit label.
- Add a color. Tap the label > More options > Choose color. If more than two color coded labels are applied to a chat, they'll be stacked one over the other. When stacked, color of only the most recent label will be displayed.
- Delete a label. Tap the label > More options > Delete label.
- Create new broadcast. Tap the label > More options > Message customers.
Creating a broadcast list from labels
You can create broadcast lists for select audiences from your labels.
To create a broadcast list from labels:
- Open WhatsApp Business app.
- Go to More options > Labels.
- Select the Label you want to create a broadcast for.
- Go to More options > Message customers.
- Tap the green check mark on the bottom right of the screen to draft your message.
The broadcast message will be individually sent to all the chats tagged with that label.
To learn more about Broadcast Lists, please read this article.