WhatsApp allows you to personalize your photos and videos by adding emoji, text or freehanded drawings.
To use these features:
- Tap the quick camera button on the text field.
- Take a new photo or video or choose an existing photo or video from the picker.
- Choose what you want to add to the photo or video.
Adding an Emoji
When you add an emoji to a photo or video, you can rotate, resize and move the emoji.
- Choose the Emoji button in the top right.
- Tap to select an emoji.
- Hold down on emoji to drag it to any part of the media.
- To resize the emoji:
- Pinch in on the emoji to make it smaller.
- Pinch out on the emoji to make it larger.
- To rotate the emoji, pinch and turn the emoji.
When you add text to a photo or video, you can change the size, font type, rotation and color of the text you add.
To add text:
- Choose the "T" button in the top right.
- Type in the desired text in the text field.
- To select a color, slide your finger up and down the color selector on the right.
- To select a font type, slide your finger from the color selector on the right to the left. Lift your finger when you decide on a font type.
- To resize the text:
- Pinch in on the text to make it smaller.
- Pinch out on the text to make it larger.
- To rotate the text, pinch and turn the text.
You can also draw freehand on photos and videos. To do so:
- Choose the Pencil button in the top right corner.
- To select a color, slide your finger up and down the color selector on the right. You can select the color for each line that you draw.
Once you have added all of the desired emoji, text or drawings, tap the send button. Alternatively, to discard emoji and text, drag them to the top of the screen towards the trash can and release. To delete drawings, tap the back arrow.