WhatsApp quickly and easily recognizes which of your contacts are using WhatsApp by accessing your phone's address book.
Note: The Contacts/Favorites tab has been replaced by the Status tab.
Finding your list of contacts
- Open WhatsApp and go to the Chats tab.
- Tap on the new chat icon.
If you can't see your contacts
- Make sure that your contacts are using WhatsApp.
- Make sure that you have saved your contacts' phone numbers in your phone's address book. If they use a foreign phone number, use the full international format.
- Make sure you have allowed WhatsApp to access your phone's contacts in your phone's Settings app.
- In your phone's address book, make sure that all accounts and groups are set to "visible" or "viewable".