Note: We're aware that people are currently unable to use payments on WhatsApp, and we're working with our partners to restore the service. Please check our website for the latest update.
You can send and receive money from friends and family after you've set up Facebook Pay and verified a supported debit card or debit-enabled combo card. To pay businesses you can also use a supported credit card.
To set up your payment method:
- Open the chat with whom you'd like to send money > tap Attach > Payment.
- Tap CONTINUE on the Facebook Pay screen.
- Create a 6-digit Facebook Pay PIN.
- Confirm your Facebook Pay PIN by entering it again > tap NEXT.
- To use your fingerprint instead of manually entering your PIN, tap USE FINGERPRINT. Otherwise, tap Skip to manually enter your PIN.
- Enter your full legal first and last name and your CPF > tap Next .
- Add your card information. This includes your debit card number, expiry date, and CVV.
- Tap SAVE.
- After your card information has been added, you can verify your card. To learn how to verify your card, read this article.
Alternatively, you can set up Facebook Pay by tapping More options > WhatsApp Settings > tap Payments > Facebook Pay > CONTINUE. You can also add credit cards and only use them to pay businesses.
- You must be at least 18 years old and have a debit or credit card from a supported bank to use WhatsApp and send and receive money on WhatsApp.
- To learn more about the banks and card networks supported by Facebook Pay on WhatsApp, visit this article.
- You can’t use the payments feature on WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp Desktop.
- This information only applies to the payments feature in Brazil.