How to delete backups
You can delete your WhatsApp backups by following the instructions below.
Before you begin, consider the following:
- Your chat history backup files are saved in the /sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases/ folder.
- You cannot open these folders outside of WhatsApp.
- You will need a file manager to delete these files.
To delete your backups:
- Launch your File Manager.
- Tap the WhatsApp folder, a list of all WhatsApp sub-folders will appear.
- Tap and hold the Databases file.
- Select Delete.