How to send message reactions
You can react to messages in your individual and group chats with emoji. You can view all reactions to a message by tapping the reactions emoji below the message.
- You can only add one reaction per message.
- Reactions to disappearing messages will disappear when the message disappears.
- It’s not possible to hide reactions or reaction counts.
- Recipients might see your reaction before you remove it or if removing it wasn’t successful. You won’t be notified if removing a reaction wasn’t successful.
Add a reaction to a message
When you add a reaction, only the sender of the message being reacted to will receive a notification.
- Long press on a message.
- Tap to select one of the displayed emoji.
Change your reaction
You can change your reaction to a different one.
- Long press on a message you reacted to.
- Tap a different emoji.
Remove a reaction
You can remove your reaction to a message. A notification won’t be sent to the sender of the message if you remove a reaction.
- Long press on the message you reacted to or tap the reaction.
- Tap the emoji you reacted with to remove it.