How to forward messages
Web og computer
The forward feature allows you to forward messages from an individual or group chat to another individual or group chat. Forwarded messages are indicated with a “Forwarded” label, which helps you know if your friend or family member wrote the message they sent or if the message originally came from someone else.
You can forward a message with up to five chats at one time. If a message has already been forwarded, you can forward it to up to five chats, including a maximum of one group chat. When a message is forwarded many times, it can only be forwarded to one chat at a time.
Forward a message
- In an individual or group chat, tap and hold the message you want to forward.
- To forward multiple messages, you can select additional messages after you select the first message.
- Tap Forward.
- Search for or select the individual or group chats you want to forward the messages to.
- Tap Send.
- You can also forward media, locations, or contacts so you don't have to re-upload them.
- Any messages you forward that aren't your own outgoing messages will display the "Forwarded" label to you and any recipient receiving the message.