How to forward messages
Web and Desktop
Use the forward feature to forward messages from an individual or group chat to another individual or group chat. Forwarded messages are indicated with a “Forwarded” label, which helps you know if your friend or family member wrote the message they sent or if the message originally came from someone else.
When you forward a message, you can share it with up to five chats at one time. If a message has already been forwarded, you can forward it to up to five chats, including a maximum of one group chat. When a message is forwarded many times, it can only be forwarded to one chat at a time.
Forward a message
- In an individual or group chat, hover over the message you want to forward, then click Menu> Forward message.
- To forward multiple messages, you can either select additional messages after you select the first message or click Menu (or) > Select messages > select the messages you want to forward.
- To forward multiple messages, you can either select additional messages after you select the first message or click Menu (
- Click Forward message (or).
- Search for or select the individual or group chats you want to forward the messages to.
- Click Send (or).
Note: Any messages you forward that aren't your own outgoing messages will display the label "Forwarded" to you and any recipient receiving the message.
- About forwarding limits