How to start a voice chat
Voice chats allow you to instantly talk live with members of a group chat while still being able to message in the group.
To start a voice chat:
- Open the group chat you want to start a voice chat with.
- Tap in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap Start Voice Chat.
Once you start the voice chat, group members will receive a push notification to join instead of a call. You can see who has joined the voice chat in a banner on the bottom of the screen.
- Voice chats are only available for groups of 33 to 256 people.
- This feature is only available on your primary device.
- Group members not in the voice chat can see the profiles of those in the voice chat from the chat header and the Calls tab.
- Voice chats will end automatically once everyone has left the chat. They’ll also end if no one joins the first or last person in the chat for 60 minutes.
- To leave a voice chat, tap .