How to use broadcast lists
Use the broadcast list feature to send a message to several of your contacts at once. Broadcast lists are saved lists of contacts that you can repeatedly send messages to without having to select them each time.
Broadcast message requirements:
- Make sure all contacts in the broadcast list have saved your number in their address book.
- You can create as many broadcast lists as you like.
- You can include up to 256 contacts in each broadcast list.
Create a broadcast list
- Tap More options > New broadcast.
- Search for or select the contacts you want to add.
- Tap .
Recipients receive a message from your broadcast list as an individual message from you in their Chats tab. Their reply will also appear as a normal message and won’t be sent to other contacts in the broadcast list.
- Only people who’ve added you to their phone's contacts will receive your broadcast message.
- If someone isn’t receiving your broadcast messages, ask them to add you to their contacts.
- Broadcast lists are a one-to-many communication. If you want your recipients to participate in a group conversation, create a group chat instead.
Edit a broadcast list
- Open your broadcast list.
- Tap More options > Broadcast list info.
- In the broadcast list info screen you can:
- Change the name of your broadcast list by tapping > Change broadcast list name.
- Add recipients to the list by tapping > Add recipient ...
- Remove recipients by tapping Edit recipients > "x" next to the contacts you want to remove > .
Delete a broadcast list
- Tap and hold the broadcast list you want to delete.
- Tap > Delete. You can choose whether to delete media or not.
How to create and invite into a group.