Can't make video call
If you can’t make video calls on WhatsApp, check the following:
- Your device has a strong and stable internet connection.
- Your device is updated to the latest supported operating system. Learn which operating systems are supported here.
- WhatsApp has permission to access your device’s microphone and camera.
- If making the call on a computer, you have an audio output device, microphone, and camera connected.
To fix the issue, try:
- Restarting your phone, or turning it off and on.
- Updating WhatsApp to the latest version available on the Google Play Store, Apple App Store, Microsoft Store, or Mac App Store.
- Switching to a different internet connection.
- Video calling isn’t supported on devices without a camera.
- Use a headset for the best audio. Using a separate external microphone and speaker devices might cause audio issues.
- Video calling isn’t available in some countries due to local regulations. If you’re in a country where video calling is available, you aren’t able to call people in countries where video calling isn’t available.