About the official WhatsApp Business account
WhatsApp Business has an official chat account, where you can hear directly from us. We’ll use this conversation to share news, tips, and information that will help you make the most of the WhatsApp Business app.
- It's not possible to make calls or send messages to WhatsApp in this chat.
- This feature may not be available in your area yet.
How to identify the official WhatsApp account
WhatsApp Business has one official account.
- The official WhatsApp Business chat is marked with the verified badge and has the description "Official WhatsApp Business account".
- If you receive a chat from WhatsApp Business' official chat you'll see this system message: "This is an official WhatsApp Business account. Tap to learn more."
- You don’t have the ability to message this chat and won’t be asked to share any personal information.
If you receive a message from an account without the verified badge
claiming to be WhatsApp or WhatsApp Business, it's a scam. You should never reply to anyone pretending to be WhatsApp or WhatsApp Business. Please report and block the number.
Choose to not receive messages about new features and tips
You have control over the messages you receive from WhatsApp Business about new features, tips, and information to help you make the most out of our services. If you’d prefer not to hear from WhatsApp this way, you can either archive or block this chat to stop receiving these types of messages at any time. You always have the option to unblock the chat to receive messages again in the future. In some rare cases, we might still send you messages about important and timely information related to your account, even if you block the chat.
Learn how to block and report contacts in this article.
If you have additional questions and would like to contact us on WhatsApp Business, please go to Settings > tap or click Help > Contact Us.