Problems connecting to WhatsApp
If you can’t connect to WhatsApp, it’s usually because your device isn’t connected to the internet. To ensure you have a working internet connection, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have a data plan on your mobile provider’s network, or a Wi-Fi connection with internet access.
- Make sure that the signal strength of the Wi-Fi or data network is good and the device is connected to the network.
- Open a webpage in your device browser to see if it loads. If it does, your device is connected to the internet.
- Reboot your device.
If you still can't connect
If you can't connect to the internet through your device’s data network, try one or more Wi-Fi networks. If you can open webpages and run other apps that connect to the internet, but WhatsApp won't connect, you can troubleshoot your connection issues on: Android | iPhone
If you can connect to other apps on your data network, but not WhatsApp, it could be that your mobile provider has configured your wireless access points to block certain chat apps. Try this if WhatsApp still doesn't work on data only:
- Contact your mobile provider and ask them about different access point settings to run chat apps.
- They will guide you through a process in which you will manually configure your data network and web settings.