About channels on the WhatsApp Business app
WhatsApp Channels has begun rolling out but isn’t available to everyone yet. Join the waitlist to be notified when WhatsApp Channels is available to you.
Where channels is available, we’re rolling out new features gradually. Some features, like being able to create a channel, might not be available to you yet.
Create a channel for your business to share updates and information with customers and connect with new ones. Channels on the WhatsApp Business app allow you to broadcast an update to an audience of any size. To get started, download the WhatsApp Business app.
While channels might feel familiar to chats, channel updates are a one-way broadcast rather than a conversation. Customers who follow you can’t reply directly to updates or send messages to channel admins. Instead they can show their interest in a channel’s content by adding emoji reactions to channel updates or voting on polls.
Updates are sent from your channel, which is in the Updates tab of the app. Followers won’t see your WhatsApp Business profile name, picture, or your phone number.
Share updates and information with your followers
Use your channel to share things like:
You’re responsible for keeping the content on your channel safe, relevant, and age-appropriate for your followers, learn more in the Channels Guidelines.
Attract new followers
Customers can find your channel in several ways:
- External link: Share a link to your channel on other websites or apps. Your channel and updates will be viewable in WhatsApp.
- In-app sharing: Customers can share channels they like with their WhatsApp contacts.
- Browsing in the app: Customers can search for channels or find them by browsing the directory.
See metrics about your channel like:
- Number of channel followers. You can also see which followers are contacts by viewing your channel follower list.
- View counts for channel updates.
- Number and type of emoji reactions.
Learn more about channel metrics here.
Channels is still evolving, so keep in mind:
- A channel can only have one admin at the moment, meaning it can only be managed by the phone number it was created with.
- We’re rolling out WhatsApp Channels gradually and in a limited number of countries, so channel creation isn’t available to everyone yet. In the meantime, feel free to join the waitlist to get notified when channels is available to you.
- We’ll continue to add new features for channel admins as we grow.
Following channels on the WhatsApp Business app
Learn how to find and follow channels in this article.