How to troubleshoot blurry photos
If your photos appear blurry, try:
Automatically saving photos to your device
A photo might appear blurry if WhatsApp can no longer find it on your device or SD card. This usually happens if the photo is deleted. To automatically save photos to your device:
- Android: Tap > Settings >. Toggle on Show media in gallery.
- iPhone: Tap > . Toggle on Save to Camera Roll.
Checking your Internet connection
Photos may appear blurry if you have a weak internet connection when uploading the photos. We recommend you:
- Restart your phone, or turn it off and on.
- Update WhatsApp to the latest version.
- Try connecting to mobile data if you're on Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi if you're on mobile data.
- Contact your mobile provider.