How to manage your notifications
Web og computer
Notification preferences can easily be managed in your WhatsApp settings.
Manage WhatsApp notifications settings
- Click Menu|> Settings.
- Click Notifications.
- Manage notifications settings by performing one of the following actions:
- Check the box for Message notifications to receive notifications for new messages.
- Check the box for Show previews to show a preview of message text inside new message notifications.
- Check the box for Show reaction notifications to receive notifications about reactions to messages that you send in individual or group chats.
- Check the box for Sounds to receive a sound alert for incoming messages.
- Check the box for Incoming call ringtone to be alerted to incoming calls with a ringtone.
- Check the box for Mute all incoming desktop calls to mute notifications for incoming desktop calls.
Note: To disable notifications for WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp Desktop without changing your notifications settings, simply close WhatsApp on your computer. You will not receive desktop notifications while WhatsApp remains closed.
Mute notifications for individual or group chats
- Open an individual or group chat.
- Click Menu|> Mute notifications.
- Select a duration:
- 8 Hours
- 1 Week
- Click Mute.
To turn notifications back on, open the muted chat, then click Menu
> Unmute notifications.
Note: If you mute an individual or group chat on your phone, it'll also be muted on WhatsApp Web and Desktop. All other notification settings are independent of your phone and computer and don't affect one another.