How to manage your notifications
Web and Desktop
You can change your notification settings for all calls and messages in WhatsApp Settings. Learn how to mute individual or group chat notifications in this article.
Note: If you disable or silence WhatsApp notifications from your device settings, updates made to notification settings in WhatsApp won’t override them. However, if you enable custom notifications for a chat in WhatsApp, a new notification category will be added in your device settings, with notifications enabled for that custom setting.
Manage WhatsApp notifications settings for all messages, groups, or calls
- Click | > Settings >.
- Manage notifications settings by performing one of the following actions:
- Check the box for Message notifications to receive notifications for new messages.
- Check the box for Show previews to show a preview of message text inside new message notifications.
- Check the box for Show reaction notifications to receive notifications about reactions to messages that you send in individual or group chats.
- Check the box for Background sync to get faster performance by syncing messages in the background.
- Check the box for Sounds to receive a sound alert for incoming messages.
Note: To disable notifications for WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp Desktop without changing your notifications settings, simply close WhatsApp on your computer. You won't receive desktop notifications while WhatsApp remains closed.