How to use polls
Web and Desktop
Polls are a simple way to ask questions and get real-time answers in a group chat.
Create a poll
- Open a chat.
- Click or> Poll > Create Poll.
- Under Question, enter your question.
- Under Options, enter your poll options. Click and dragto change the order of your poll options by sliding up or down.
- Users can vote for multiple options on polls by default. To prevent users from voting for more than one option, turn off the Allow multiple answers toggle by tapping it.
- Clickorto create your poll.
Note: To receive updates on incoming votes, make sure push notifications for WhatsApp are enabled on your device. You will only receive one push notification for each poll you create.
Respond to a poll
Click on the options you want to vote for.
- To remove your vote for an option, click the option again.
- If the creator of the poll has turned off multiple answers, clicking multiple options will deselect the options that you previously clicked.
View poll details
To view the results of an active poll, including the number of members who have voted:
- Open the chat with the poll you want to view.
- Locate the poll, then click View votes.