How to create a WhatsApp Channel
Web and Desktop
Note: WhatsApp Channels has begun rolling out but isn't available to everyone yet.
Join the waitlist to be notified when WhatsApp Channels is available to you.
Where Channels is available, we're rolling out new features gradually. Some features, like being able to create a channel, might not be available to you yet.
Create a channel to share updates and connect with your followers directly through WhatsApp. You'll need a WhatsApp account to get started, if you don't have one learn how to get one here. You can also access Channels through the WhatsApp Business app, learn more here. If you have a WhatsApp account, make sure it's updated to the latest version.
To add more security to your channel, turn on two-step verification for the WhatsApp account creating your channel and on the accounts of any admins.
Create a channel
- Open WhatsApp Web, and go to Channels by clicking the Channels icon
- Click > Create channel.
- Click Continue and continue through the onscreen prompts.
- Add a channel name to finish creating your channel. You can choose to change the name again at any time.
- Customize your channel: You can choose to customize your channel now by adding a description and icon or wait until later.
- Add a channel description: Write a few words to help potential followers understand what your channel is about.
- Add a channel icon: Add an image from your phone or the web to stand out.
- Click Create channel, and you're done!
Now that you're all set up with a channel, learn how to share an update here. You can find and share a link to your channel from the channel info page.
To get to your channel info page:
- Open Channels by clicking the Channels icon.
- Click your channel, and then your channel name.
- Click Copy link.
To get help with your channel, reach out to support: WhatsApp Settings > Help > Contact us.