How to send media, contacts, or location
You can send emoji, media, contacts, or location in WhatsApp messages.
Send emoji, media, contacts, or location
- Open a WhatsApp chat.
- Press +.
- Choose what you’d like to send, then press:
- Emoji to select and send emoji.
- GIF to select and send a GIF.
- Picture to take a photo with your Camera or choose a photo from your Gallery. You can also add a caption to your photo.
- Video to take a video with your Camera or choose a Video from your phone. You can also add a caption to your video.
- Audio to send an existing audio file from your phone.
- Contacts to send contacts’ information saved in your phone's address book.
- Location to send your location or a nearby place.
- Press Send.
Note: The maximum file size allowed for all photos, videos, and audio files to be sent or forwarded through WhatsApp is 10 MB on phones with 512 MB and 5 MB on phones with low memory.
If you’d like to save media you receive in WhatsApp, press > Options > Settings > Chats > Show media in Gallery. Photos and videos will be saved to your phone's Gallery and Video.