As always, your personal messages and calls remain end-to-end encrypted. No one else, not even WhatsApp, can read or listen to them.
- rely on legitimate interests as our legal basis to use your information to improve WhatsApp, such as to understand how users interact with features and to develop new features; and
- rely on legitimate interests and vital interests as our legal bases to use your information to protect our users, such as using user reports to identify and respond to abusive behaviour.
What’s staying the same
- When we rely on legitimate interests, you have a right to object to our use of your information. You can do this here. You can also find out more information on how to exercise your rights.
- There will be no change to the services you receive.
- Your personal messages and calls will continue to be end-to-end encrypted.
Thank you for using WhatsApp.