How to search for businesses inside WhatsApp
Use the WhatsApp business directory to discover businesses in your area.
Note: This feature is currently only available to users in Brazil using WhatsApp messenger app. We will overtime expand the availability of this feature geographically.
Choose your location sharing preference
- Open WhatsApp
- Tap and under "Discover", tap Businesses.
- Select your location sharing preference
- To use your location to find businesses in your area, tap CONTINUE > Use your current location.
- To select a location manually or to use your phone number to see business within your region, select Continue. Then, pick a location on the map.
- Type in the query for the business you’re looking for.
- You can refine your search even more by tapping the filter chip at the top of the list.
- You can filter the businesses by category, distance, open status or catalog.
- Tap the filter chip again to remove a specific filter from your results. Tap CLEAR to remove all filters.
- Tap a business to view their business profile.
- Tap to start a new chat.
Note: Location permission should be enabled for WhatsApp in Settings.
Note: When you search for businesses, search terms are processed in a de-identified way that will not be linked back to your account. For example, when searching for a bakery in your area, search terms such as, “bakeries near me”, “cake”, or “custom cupcakes” will not be associated with your WhatsApp account or phone number.