How to search for businesses inside WhatsApp
Use the WhatsApp business directory to discover businesses in your area.
Note: This feature is currently only available to users in Brazil using WhatsApp messenger app on Android. We will overtime expand the availability of this feature geographically and to iOS app users.
Choose your location sharing preference
To use your location to discover businesses in your area:
- Open WhatsApp and tap > Businesses >> CONTINUE.
- Tap Precise to share your specific location or Approximate to share your general location.
- Tap While using the app or Allow once to select when WhatsApp can access your location.
- Alternatively, you can manually set your location by tapping NOT NOW > Select on a map. This lets you navigate to, and select a location on the map. To set that location, tap DONE.
- Type in the query for the business you’re looking for.
- You can refine your search even more by tapping the filter chip at the top of the list. You can filter the businesses by category, distance, open status or catalog.
- Tap the filter chip again to remove a specific filter from your results. Tap CLEAR to remove all filters.
- Tap a business to view their business profile.
- Tap to start a new chat.