How to change WhatsApp’s language
WhatsApp is available in over 40 languages on iPhone and up to 60 on Android. WhatsApp follows the language of your phone. For example, if you change the language of your phone to Spanish, WhatsApp will be in Spanish.
Change your phone's language
- Android: Go to your phone's Settings > System > Languages & input > Languages. Tap and hold a language to move it at the top, or tap.
- iPhone: Go to> General > Language & Region > iPhone Language. Tap and hold a language to move it to the top, or tap Add Language….
- KaiOS: Press Settings on the apps menu > scroll to the side to select Personalization > scroll down and press Language > press Language > select the language you want to use > press OK or SELECT.
Option available in supported countries
If you're using an Android phone, you might be able to change WhatsApp's language from within the app. You can choose your language on the initial Welcome screen or, if you’re already using WhatsApp:
- Tap > Settings > Chats > App Language.
- Select the language you want.
If you don't see these options, they might not be supported in your country.