Seeing "You have been logged out for your account security"
When you open WhatsApp and see "You have been logged out for your account security", this means that someone might be trying to register a WhatsApp account with your phone number.
To better secure your account and log back in, simply re-register your phone number:
- Enter your phone number:
- Choose your country from the drop-down list. This will automatically fill your country code on the left.
- Enter your phone number in the box on the right. Don't put any zeros before your phone number.
- Tap Next to request a code.
- Enter the 6-digit code you receive by SMS.
If you didn't receive the 6-digit code by SMS:
- Wait for the progress bar to finish and retry. The wait may take up to 10 minutes.
- Don't guess the code, or you will be locked out for a period of time.
- If the timer runs out before you receive the code, choose the Call me option to request a call. When you answer it, an automated voice will tell you the 6-digit code.
Protect your WhatsApp account
- Never share your 6-digit registration code or two-step verification PIN with others.
- Enable two-step verification and provide an email address in case you forget your PIN.
- Set a voicemail password on your phone that's difficult to guess to prevent anyone from accessing your voicemail.
- Check your linked devices regularly. Go to WhatsApp Settings > Linked Devices to review all devices linked to your account. To remove a linked device, tap the device > Log Out.
- Set a device code and be aware of who has physical access to your phone. Someone who has physical access to your phone could use your WhatsApp account without your permission.
We recommend you share this advice with friends and family to help secure their WhatsApp accounts.
Beware of suspicious emails or messages
Be careful if you receive a message or an email asking you to share or reset your two-step verification PIN or registration code. If you didn't request this, don't click on the link. Someone could be trying to access your phone number on WhatsApp.