How to mute or unmute group notifications
Web and Desktop
You can mute group notifications for a specified period of time. You’ll still receive messages sent to the group, but your phone won't vibrate or make noise when they're received.
Mute group notifications
- Open a group chat.
- Tap the name of the group chat.
- Tap Mute notifications.
- Select the length of time you’d like to mute notifications for, then tap OK.
Tap Mute notifications again to unmute notifications for a chat.
Note: When you mute message notifications for a chat, your device won’t alert you of incoming notifications. However, it’s important to remember:
- Contacts aren't notified that you’ve muted the chat.
- Contacts will still receive read receipts when you read their messages.
- You’ll still have the unread message count next to the chat.