How to register your phone number
WhatsApp requires an active phone number to create an account. We send you a registration code to confirm that you own the phone number you want to use on WhatsApp.
How to register
You can register one of three ways:
- With a missed call.
- With a voice call.
- With an SMS.
You must verify your phone number to begin using WhatsApp.
To verify your phone number:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Press Agree to accept our Terms and continue.
- Press Choose a country.
- Search for or select your country and press SELECT COUNTRY.
- Enter your phone number.
- Press Help if you want to visit our Help Center or Contact us.
- Press Next > OK to receive the verification code via SMS.
- Note: WhatsApp usually sends the verification code via SMS or automated voice call from a phone number with the country code for the country you are registering from.
- Enter the 6-digit code from the SMS.
- If you didn't receive the code, you can press Resend SMS or Call me to have our automated system call you with the code.
- Enter your name. Please note:
- The name limit is 25 characters.
- You can also add a Profile photo.
- Press Done.
Note: The video below is only applicable to WhatsApp users that have a JioPhone or JioPhone 2.