How to invite members into a community
Note: Communities on WhatsApp is available in limited countries and may not be available to you yet. Check back to see when communities will be available in your area.
Invite into a community via links
If you’re a community admin, you can invite people to join the community by sharing a link with them. To share a community invite link:
- Open the WhatsApp Community, then tap or click on the community name > Invite members.
- Tap or click More options > Invite members.
- From the options available, choose how you’d like to share the community invite link.
The admin can reset the link at any time to prevent new users from joining via the old link. To do so:
- Open the WhatsApp community, then tap or click the subject.
- Tap or click Invite via link or Invite to Community via link.
- Tap or click Reset Link > Reset Link.
- On WhatsApp Web, click Reset link > RESET LINK.
- Anyone with WhatsApp can use this link to join the community, so only share it with trusted individuals. It’s possible for someone to forward the link to other people, who could then join the community without additional approval from the community admin.
- We are rolling out closed groups and it may not be available to you yet. Please check back to see when closed groups will be available in your area.