How to edit messages
Web and Desktop
You can edit any message up to 15 minutes after sending, and it’ll update for everyone in the chat. Edited messages will have the word “edited” next to the timestamp.
If you aren’t on the latest version of WhatsApp you’ll see, “This message was edited for everyone in this chat on the latest version of WhatsApp.” Update your app to see edited messages.
Edit a message
- Hover over the message you want to edit, then click Menu> Edit message.
- Edit your message.
- Click the checkmark when you’re finished with your update.
- There is a 15 minute time limit for editing messages.
- Editing a message won’t send a new chat notification to people in your chat.
- You can’t edit photos, videos, or other types of media.