How to send voice messages
Web and Desktop
WhatsApp voice messaging allows you to instantly communicate with contacts and groups. You can use it to deliver important and time-sensitive information. All voice messages are downloaded automatically.
Send a voice message
- Open an individual or group chat.
- Click the microphone and start speaking.
- Once finished, click the check mark .
- While recording a voice message, you can click the X icon to cancel it.
- While recording, you can also click the red pause button to pause recording or preview a draft of your message. Click the red mic iconto continue recording within the same voice message.
On sent voice messages you'll see:
- A gray microphone for voice messages that haven’t been played by all recipients (but might have been played by some).
- A blue microphone for voice messages that all recipients have played.
Note: If the beginning of your message isn't recorded, you may need to wait a second before speaking.