How to delete chats
Delete an individual chat
- In the Chats tab, swipe left on the chat you want to delete.
- Tap More > Delete Chat > Delete Chat.
Alternatively, tap Edit in the top corner of the Chats tab > Select the chat you wish to delete > Tap Delete > Delete Chat.
Delete a group chat
To delete a group chat, you first need to exit the group:
- In the Chats tab, swipe left on the group chat you want to delete.
- Tap More > Exit group > Exit group.
- Swipe left on the group chat > tap Delete Group > Delete Group.
Delete all chats at once
- Go to WhatsApp Settings > Chats > Delete All Chats.
- Enter your phone number > tap Delete All Chats.
Individual chats will be deleted from your Chats tab. However, group chats will still be visible in your Chats tab, and you’ll still be part of them unless you exit them.