Can't see or hear notifications
If your notifications aren’t working, the most common reasons why are:
Internet connection issues
Check if you have an internet connection by opening a browser and going to a website. If that doesn’t work, try these connection troubleshooting steps.
Notifications are turned off or silenced
When WhatsApp notifications are turned off within your phone’s settings, incoming WhatsApp call notifications are silenced.
To see if WhatsApp notifications are turned off in your phone’s settings, follow these steps:
- Go to your phone’s Settings > Notifications > App notifications
- Scroll down and find WhatsApp. Make sure notifications are toggled on.
To see if WhatsApp notifications are turned off in your WhatsApp Settings, follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp Settings > Notifications
- Check if notifications are enabled for messages, groups, and calls.
Background data restricted
To make sure background data like notifications isn’t restricted, open your phone's Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Mobile data & WiFi. You can then toggle background data off and on.
Do not disturb is turned on
Make sure Do not disturb is turned off and if you’ve allowed WhatsApp notifications in priority mode by going to your phone's Settings > Sound & vibration > Do not disturb.
- Your phone’s settings override WhatsApp settings, so be sure to check your phone’s settings if you aren’t receiving notifications.
- If you've tried the troubleshooting options above and still aren’t receiving notifications, we recommend you contact your phone’s manufacturer for further assistance.