How to troubleshoot the notification dot
The dot that appears on your device's WhatsApp app icon is called a notficiation dot. This is a feature provided by your phone's manufacturer to notify you of recent activity on WhatsApp. This includes unread messages and missed calls.
If you encounter problems with the notification dot, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Ensure the notification dot is enabled on your device: Open device Settings. Tap Notifications, then turn on Notification dot on app.
- Ask someone to send you a new WhatsApp message: This should automatically refresh the message count.
- Reset WhatsApp notification settings: Tap More options > Settings > Notifications, then tap More options > Reset notification settings > Reset.
- Re-install WhatsApp: Tap and hold the app, then tap Uninstall. Check the option to keep app data, then tap OK. Re-install WhatsApp.
If you continue to experience issues, contact your phone's manufacturer.
- Can't see notification count