How to use status
Status lets you share end-to-end encrypted text, photo, video, and GIF updates that disappear after 24 hours.
Note: To send and receive status updates to and from your contacts, you and your contacts must have each other's numbers saved in your phone’s address books.
Create and send a status update
- Open WhatsApp > Status.
- Select Add new > ADD.
- Select from the following options:
- Send text to compose a written status update. You can press Color to select a background color.
- Send picture to take a photo or choose an existing photo. You can also add a caption or make edits to the photo.
- Send video to record a video or choose an existing video.
- Press Send.
- The maximum limit for text updates is 700 characters
- The maximum video length supported is 30 seconds