How to use status
Status lets you share end-to-end encrypted text, photo, video, and GIF updates that disappear after 24 hours.
Note: To send and receive status updates to and from your contacts, you and your contacts must have each other's numbers saved in your phone’s address books.
Create and send a status update
- Open WhatsApp > tap Status.
- Cameraor My Status to take or record a photo, video, or GIF, or choose media from the picker. You can also edit or add a caption to your photo, video, or GIF, as explained in this article. Note: WhatsApp supports 3GP and mpeg4 video formats.
- Textto compose a written status update.
- T to pick a font.
- Colorto pick a background color.
- Voiceand hold to record a voice status update.
- To select the audience for a status, tap your default audience. Then, select your status contacts > tap Done.
- Tap Send.
Alternatively, you can create and send a picture, video or GIF status update from the Chats tab by tapping Camera
Note: WhatsApp supports 3GP and mpeg4 video formats.
View or reply to a status update
- To view a contact's status update, tap Status, then the contact's status update. To respond to a contact's status update, tap Reply.