How to use status
Status lets you share end-to-end encrypted text, photo, video, and GIF updates that disappear after 24 hours.
To send and receive status updates to and from your contacts, you and your contacts must have each other's numbers saved in your phone’s address books.
Create and send a status update
- Open WhatsApp > Status.
- Textto compose a written status update.
- Emoji to add emoji or GIfs.
- T to pick a font.
- Colorto pick a background color.
- Voiceand hold to record a voice status update.
- Cameraor My status to take or record a photo, video, or GIF, or choose media from the picker. You can also edit or add a caption to your photo, video, or GIF, as explained in this article. Note: WhatsApp supports 3GP and mpeg4 video formats.
- Select the audience for a status by tapping your default audience. Then, select your status contacts and tap Done.
- Tap Send.
Alternatively, you can create and send a picture, video, or GIF status from the Chats tab by tapping Camera
View or reply to a status update
You can view a contact's status update in the Status tab by tapping their status update.
To respond to a contact's status update, tap Reply while viewing.
- How to share WhatsApp status updates to other apps
- About status privacy
- How to use status