How to use status
Status allows you to share text, photo, video, and GIF updates that disappear after 24 hours, and that is also end-to-end encrypted. In order to send and receive status updates to and from your contacts, you and your contacts must have each other's phone numbers saved in your phones’ address books.
Create and send a status update
- Open WhatsApp > Status.
- Textto compose a written status update.
- Emoji to add emoji or GIfs.
- T to pick a font.
- Colorto pick a background color.
- Voiceand hold to record a voice status update.
- Cameraor My status to take a photo, record a video, or GIF or choose an existing photo, video, or GIF from the picker. You can also add a caption or make edits to the photo, video, or GIF, which you can learn how to do in this article.
- To select the audience for a status, tap your default audience. Then, select your status contacts > tap Done.
- Tap Send.
Alternatively, you can create and send a picture, video, or GIF status update by going to the Chats tab, then tapping Camera
Note: WhatsApp supports 3GP and mpeg4 video formats.
View or reply to a status update
- To view a contact's status update, tap the Status tab. Then, tap the contact's status update.
- To reply to a contact's status update, tap Reply while viewing.
- How to share WhatsApp status updates to other apps
- About status privacy
- How to use status on: iPhone | KaiOS