How to install the Code Verify web browser extension
Web and Desktop
The Code Verify web browser extension provides an additional layer of security on the web by verifying that you are using an authentic and untampered version of WhatsApp Web. The extension is available on the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
To install the Code Verify extension on your web browser, follow the instructions provided by your browser. For additional support, contact your web browser’s support team.
- For the best user experience, pin the Code Verify browser extension to your toolbar once downloaded so that you can easily see the extension and confirm whether it was able to validate WhatsApp Web.
- If you’re using WhatsApp Web on an incognito or private tab, you should follow your browser’s instructions to enable the extension on incognito tabs.
- The Code Verify browser extension won’t access any other browser tabs or windows you have open.
- The extension doesn’t log any data, metadata, or user data, and it doesn’t share any information with WhatsApp. It also doesn’t read or access the messages you send or receive.
- About Code Verify
- Why am I seeing a network timeout error?
- Why am I seeing a possible risk detected warning?
- Why am I seeing a validation failure warning?