How to move your account information from the WhatsApp Business app to WhatsApp Messenger
Before migrating from WhatsApp Business to WhatsApp Messenger, you need to back up your account information to iCloud. You can learn how to create a backup in this article.
Note: This migration process doesn’t transfer data created by features unique to WhatsApp Business, such as your catalog and collections.
To move your account information from WhatsApp Business to WhatsApp Messenger:
- Update WhatsApp Business and download WhatsApp Messenger from the App Store.
- Open WhatsApp Messenger.
- Read and agree to the WhatsApp Messenger Terms of Service.
- WhatsApp Messenger automatically identifies the number you used in WhatsApp Business.
- To continue, tap the option with your existing phone number, then tap Continue.
- If you don’t want to use the existing number, tap Use a different number, then follow the verification process.
- WhatsApp will send you an SMS with a 6-digit code. Enter the 6-digit code to verify your number.
- Note: Skip this step if your iCloud Keychain is enabled and you’ve previously verified the number on the same phone.
- Create your WhatsApp Messenger profile, then tap Done.