How to move your account information from the WhatsApp Business app to WhatsApp Messenger
Before migrating from WhatsApp Business to WhatsApp Messenger, you need to back up your account information to Google Drive. You can learn how to create a backup in this article.
Note: This migration process doesn’t transfer data created by features unique to WhatsApp Business, such as your catalog and collections.
To move your account information from WhatsApp Business to WhatsApp Messenger:
- Update WhatsApp Business and download WhatsApp Messenger from the Google Play Store.
- Open WhatsApp Messenger.
- Read and agree to the WhatsApp Messenger Terms of Service.
- Enter the phone number associated with your WhatsApp Business account. Then tap Next.
- Tap SWITCH to continue.
- Tap CONTINUE to verify your phone number by receiving a call from WhatsApp.
- You can also verify your phone number by SMS. Tap VERIFY WITH SMS, and enter the 6-digit code in the message you receive.
- Tap CONTINUE > Allow > Allow to allow WhatsApp Messenger to access your contacts, photos, and other media.
- Tap NOT NOW to prevent the app from accessing this data..
- WhatsApp Messenger will find the most recent backup of your WhatsApp Business account information.
- Tap RESTORE to import this data into WhatsApp Messenger.
- Tap NEXT.
- Enter your name, then tap NEXT.