How to use stickers
Download and send stickers
Download a sticker pack
- Open an individual or group chat.
- Tap >.
- Tap Downloadnext to the sticker pack you want to download.
- will appear once the download is complete.
- Tap .
Send a sticker
To send a sticker, tap
and tap the one you want to send. The sticker will send when you tap it.
Your most used stickers will appear under Recent.
Send an avatar sticker
You can also send stickers of your avatar. These may be static, or both static and animated, depending on your device.
then the picture of your avatar. Tap an avatar sticker to send.
Add stickers from the Google Play Store
and scroll to the bottom of the All stickers tab. Then, tap Discover sticker apps.
Find and organize your stickers
- To view sticker packs you've downloaded, tap > My stickers.
- Tap to locate specific stickers you’ve downloaded. You can search for stickers using text or emoji.
- If you want to delete a specific sticker pack, tap > Delete.
- To reorder your sticker packs, tap and drag next to a sticker pack.
You’ll also see your avatar stickers under My stickers. Tap the pencil to edit your avatar.
- Stickers downloaded outside of WhatsApp might not be searchable if the creator didn’t follow WhatsApp guidelines when tagging them.
- Sticker search query text will never leave your device, and WhatsApp doesn’t collect information about your search, keywords, or usage.
Update your sticker packs
A green dot next to a sticker pack means that it can be updated.
- Tap .
- In the All stickers tab, tap Update next to the sticker pack.
- will appear once the update is complete.