Why am I seeing a network timeout error?
Web at Desktop
Code Verify adds an extra layer of security to end-to-end encryption when people use WhatsApp on the web. If you have downloaded the Code Verify web browser extension, you might see a warning that says “Network timed out. Unable to validate this page.” This might occur for the following reasons:
- Your network connection is unstable.
- Something is disrupting verification of the page.
To resolve the issue:
- Reload the page and open the extension again.
- Try connecting to another WiFi network.
- Try pausing your other extensions, going through the validation process again, and unpausing your other extensions once finished. You might have to reload WhatsApp Web to clear the warning.
- If the warning persists, proceed with caution and consider logging out of WhatsApp Web and using WhatsApp on your mobile device, as your messages on the web might no longer be private.
- About Code Verify
- Why am I seeing a possible risk detected warning?
- Why am I seeing a validation failure warning?