Can’t connect to WhatsApp due to a network timeout error
Web and Desktop
Code Verify adds an extra layer of security to end-to-end encryption when people use WhatsApp on the web. If you have downloaded the Code Verify web browser extension, you might see a warning that says “Network timed out. Unable to validate this page.” This might occur for the following reasons:
- Your network connection is unstable.
- Something is disrupting verification of the page.
To resolve the issue:
- Reload the page and open the extension again.
- Try connecting to another WiFi network.
- Try pausing your other extensions, going through the validation process again, and unpausing your other extensions once finished. You might have to reload WhatsApp Web to clear the warning.
- If the warning persists, proceed with caution. Consider logging out of WhatsApp Web or using WhatsApp on your mobile device, as your messages on the web might no longer be private.