How to find and follow WhatsApp Channels
Web and Desktop
WhatsApp Channels has begun rolling out but isn’t available to everyone yet. Join the waitlist to be notified when WhatsApp Channels is available to you.
Where Channels is available, we’re rolling out new features gradually. Some features, like being able to create a channel, might not be available to you yet.
Find and follow people and organizations you care about on WhatsApp Channels to stay informed or learn something new. When you follow a channel, you’ll see updates like written notes, links to information, photos, or videos from them in the Channels section of the Updates tab. To know when there’s a new update, you can also choose to turn on notifications for a channel.
How to find channels
Find channels with topics that interest you by:
- Browsing the channel list: See all channels available to you. The list is automatically filtered to show channels based on your phone number’s country code and your language preference, but you can explore all channels by changing the country, category, filter option and more.
- Checking out recommended channels: See the channels recommended to you by scrolling to the bottom of the Updates tab to view the Find channels section. Channels are recommended based on channel metrics, like how popular and active they are.
- Finding channels through external links: Channel admins can share a link outside of WhatsApp to help people to find their channel. Use the link to open a channel in WhatsApp and browse updates.
Check out the list of channels available to you by:
- Tapping the Updates tab.
- Tapping > Find channels.
Channels with a green checkmark
next to their name have been verified by WhatsApp as being authentic.
From there you can sort the list based on what interests you most:
- Browse categories and filter channels by topic: See which channels are new, popular, or most active. Filter channels by your interests like sports, news, culture and more.
- See channels from other countries: See the list of channels available in other countries by changing the country.
- Search for a channel: Tap to search through all channels available to you. Search results may be prioritized by channel metrics, like how popular and active they are. When you search for channels, search terms are logged to make it easier to find channels and improve the search and channels experience.
- To see what type of updates a channel posts, tap the channel name to preview recent updates.
- Learn more about a channel by checking out their channel info page. Tap on the channel name or tap > Channel info.
You can preview channel updates before you follow:
How to follow channels
- Quick follow from list of channels: You can quickly follow a channel from the directory by tapping the Plusnext to the channel name.
- Follow from channel: Open a channel you’re interested in, and tap the Follow button.
You can also follow channels from their channel info page.