How to add or remove your WhatsApp account from Portal
Add your account
Note: If you decide to add your WhatsApp account, your contacts aren't shared with Facebook, but instead are stored on the Portal device.
- On your Portal, tap or select Settings > Accounts > your name > Connect WhatsApp. You’ll see a code you’ll need to use to log in to Facebook.
- Open facebook.com/device on your phone or computer browser. If you’re using your:
- Phone: Tap ENTER CODE. Enter the code, then tap CONTINUE > Confirm.
- Computer: Enter the code, then click Continue > Confirm.
- On your Portal, check By checking, you agree to receive messages from Portal on WhatsApp.
- Tap or select Continue > Next.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Android: Tap More options> Linked Devices > LINK A DEVICE. Follow the on-screen instructions if your device has biometric authentication. If you don’t have biometric authentication enabled, you’ll be prompted to enter the pin you use to unlock your phone.
- iPhone: Go to WhatsApp Settings > tap Linked Devices > Link a Device > OK. On iOS 14 and above, use Touch ID or Face ID to unlock. If you don’t have biometric authentication enabled, you’ll be prompted to enter the pin you use to unlock your phone.
- Use your phone to scan the QR code on your Portal.
- On your Portal, tap or select Done.
Note: The authentication is handled by your device’s operating system using the biometrics stored there. WhatsApp can’t access the biometric information stored by your device's operating system.
Remove your account
- On your Portal, tap or select Settings > Accounts > your name > WhatsApp > Remove Account.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone or WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp Desktop on your computer.
- Open the individual chat with "Portal from Facebook" to view the confirmation code that was sent.
- On your Portal, enter the confirmation code, then tap or select Done > Remove.
- How to call a WhatsApp contact on Portal
- Learn more about Portal in the Portal Help Center.